Gebo Portlight Replacement Parts

Maintaining, repairing, upgrading, commissioning, decommissioning topics.

Moderator: forumadmin

Vento Solare

Gebo Portlight Replacement Parts

Post by Vento Solare »

US built hulls were supplied with Econoline Portlights manufactured by Gebo Marine Glazing in the Netherlands. I was unable to find a US supplier for replacement parts and corresponded with Gebo directly to get replacement rubber seals. They are able to supply parts for the opening portlights. Below are the numbers for various parts used on each type of portlight:

Three Opening Portlights installed - facing aft in head, facing aft in quarter berth, facing inboard in quarter berth
Note that two of these receive the most wear on the sealing rubber as many owners feed lines through the hatches while racing and wear the seal.
Acrylic Dimensions approximately 303mm x 124mm
  • 81.70.00.51 - Portlight Part Number
  • 89600611P - Sealing Rubber
  • 84.75.00.52 - Screen
Three Opening Portlights installed - main cabin port side forward and aft, main cabin starboard side forward
Acrylic Dimensions approximately 583mm x 124mm
  • 81.70.00.80 - Portlight Part Number
  • 89600611C - Sealing Rubber
  • 84.75.00.55 - Screen
One Fixed Portlight installed - main cabin starboard side aft over Nav Station
Acrylic Dimensions approximately 583mm x 124mm
  • 81.71.00.80 - Portlight Part Number
Two Opening Portlights installed - facing outboard starboard side in head, facing outboard port side aft in quarter berth
Acrylic Dimensions approximately 259mm x 108mm
  • 81.70.00.70 - Portlight Part Number
  • 89600611H - Sealing Rubber
  • 84.75.00.50 - Screen
Parts that are stocked online include: The forward hatch is 500mm x 500mm and the hatch over the main cabin is 450mm x 320mm. Replacement parts for the hatches are at this link.

I contacted Gebo and asked that they include the seals in their online store at this link: http://www.yachtparts.com/
You may contact the following person for information or to place an order

Alan Bekendam - Email abekendam@gebo.com
Phone: 036-5211278

Gebo Marine Glazing BV.
Versterkerstraat 1
1322 AN Almere
Netherlands
fxalbert

Re: Gebo Portlight Replacement Parts

Post by fxalbert »

Just a note of caution. I know a lot of us have lines going into the head through the rear window and the rear cabin on the port side, again, though the rear window. Over time pulling the lines in and out wear down those gaskets. I just recently bought two, one for each side. They are 17 euros each. However shipping for them was 55 euros and Gebo would only accept a bank wire transfer for payment, another $25. All together for the two gaskets with the exchange rate, $127
fxalbert

Post by fxalbert »

I bought the two gaskets for the rear windows and with the international shipping they were VERY expensive. The kicker is although the interior widow frame comes off fairly easy I cannot see ANY way to get the actual window out to replace the gasket. It appears that the window was put in place using a marine caulk hopefully not 5200 but all of the sealants are VERY difficult to undo and I have for now given up on replacing the gaskets. If anyone has successfully removed one of these windows I'd love to know how you did it.
Vento Solare

Post by Vento Solare »

Frank,

I left the frames in place on the boat. The rubber seal was pulled towards the center of each frame to remove it from the machined grove it is pressed in. The new seal was lubricated with dish soap and inserted inch by inch into the machined groove. It takes some time, but it does work.
fxalbert

Post by fxalbert »

I am a little terrified to try that pull it out and inch by inch jam the new one in. Yikes! I can envision a LOT of trouble there.
Nickv

Post by Nickv »

I used these exact part numbers provided by Vento Solare and replaced every single port light gasket with an order from Gebo. The cost was ~$240.

I was able to pull out the old gasket using adjustable pliers. I then cleaned the area and simply soaped up the new gaskets and pushed them in as best as I could and then I closed the window and used plastic trim removal tools to properly push the gasket into the frame all the way.

I would imagine if you don't soap up the gaskets with dish soap, this would be way harder.

I no longer have any leaks from the port lights.
Mvallus

Post by Mvallus »

Curious if anyone has ordered a new forward hatch from Gebo? I emailed them and they sent me a brochure with many different styles (Standard/Flushline, with flange/without). I just want to make sure I get the right style and dimensions before I place my order.

https://www.gebo.com/en/deckhatches/
Mvallus

Post by Mvallus »

FYI, was able to install a new forward hatch (just the top). I can confirm the forward hatch is "Standard Deckhatch – no Flange (560 × 560mm)"; with cutout size of 500 x 500mm. https://yachtparts.com/product/standard ... -560560mm/

Could not order just the glass/top, had to order the entire thing.