In haulers

Sail trim, rig tuning, and related topics.

Moderator: forumadmin

Post by Guest »

I have used these on a few different races mostly night racing stuff. They greatly improve your upwind pointing and one boat used them in the NA's and was boat lenghts ahead. I think we should look at this as a class and see if this is something we allow, I believe the 105 class banned them but it might be good for our class. or might not.

[Posted by: sail
]
jerry

Post by jerry »

Do you have a diagram or description on how they are rigged? Maybe they would help in PHRF against other boats that point slightly higher than us. Anything that's legal and can help is worth looking at.

Post by Guest »

you take a line dead end to the deck orginizer out to a ring around the sheet back to a block at the partners then run it back thru the deck org again and thats it you may use either the partner blocks or buy two seperate blocks and rig them so they lay flat to deck off the u toggle at base of mast hoe this helps

]

Post by Guest »

the class rules only allow barber-hauling using the lazy sheet. It can be a significant advantage in certain conditions. I agree that it would make sense to allow the system you describe, which can be rigged with existing unused hardware (in one-design configuration). But it clearly was not allowed at NAs.

[Posted by: Mike Brown
]

Post by Guest »

but there was a boat or two that used them
really more effective in flatter water lighter air

]

In haulers

Post by Guest »

I couldn't follow Unregistered guests description of how to rig this. Too technical for a beginner like me.
Would appreciate it if you could put it more in plain english.
Thanks,
Rich

[Posted by: Rich and Anne Nicholls rhn1@optonline.net]