How to replace Delrin pole control line fitting?

Maintaining, repairing, upgrading, commissioning, decommissioning topics.

Moderator: forumadmin

J-109 Emoticon

How to replace Delrin pole control line fitting?

Post by J-109 Emoticon »

Anyone ever replace the Delrin fitting for the sprit control line? I have the fitting, only comes in black now unfortunately however unsure how the old worn one is removed and replaced. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Vento Solare

Re: How to replace Delrin pole control line fitting?

Post by Vento Solare »

If you are talking about the Delrin fitting where the line exits the aft bulkhead on the cabin, it is just a friction fit. Grab it with pliers, twist and pull out. You might want to check with Waterline Systems to see if they have it in white. Call Ted Slee 401 247 3000 x319
J-109 Emoticon

Post by J-109 Emoticon »

Thanks Bill,

I'll give it a try, didn't want to risk forcing the fitting out and doing damage. Waterline was my first call, they only make the fitting in black now, oh well.
Vento Solare

Post by Vento Solare »

JR - Try measuring the ID and OD, then get something like a plastic mushroom thru-hull that is made from white Delrin. You can saw off the hose barb.

Vento Solare

Post by Vento Solare »

I found the white delrin thru deck fairlead today at the Ship's Store consignment shop in Portsmouth, RI. The part number is Schaefer 76-05 and they have 6 on the wall (on 5/17/2016).
If anyone needs one, let me know and I can pick it up and mail it to you. Cost is $7 plus tax and shipping.