WTB Good used mainsail

Post here with your needs on something to buy.

Moderator: forumadmin

ctsailor55

WTB Good used mainsail

Post by ctsailor55 »

Greetings. I'm looking to buy a used mainsail in good shape. I'm thinking of something that may not be at the top of your racing game for class racing but may be decent for club racing. Anyone have a new main on order and looking to sell your older one?
I'm not looking for a "delivery" sail. My boat came with those.
Regards, Mark
ctsailor55

Re: WTB Good used mainsail

Post by ctsailor55 »

Bump. Still looking. anyone? r/Mark
Dan Corcoran

Re: WTB Good used mainsail

Post by Dan Corcoran »

Few of us are willing to part with our sails. I appreciate when another owner made a jib available to me, and have turned around and made an effort to list some sails I probably should sell.

The sail you are looking for fits the the main I have available.

J/109 Main 2014 UK tape drive main, Class Main, Load Path Tape, Carbon Tapes Technora Base Cloth; 4 + 1 full battens, Lashtop, 3 reefs. Has 2015 ORC & 2014 J109 Measurement Tag - Good Condition - Used 1 1/2 seasons

I have not used it since 2016, the first year I owned this boat. The owner did not sail her in 2015, so the sail must have only 1 season on it in 2014, plus I used it at the end of the 2016 season. My notes on the sail read "I wished I used this all season". As it was, I was following the sailmaker's advice to save it for ocean racing.

Price is $1,800. Less if when I pull it out, I find a significant defect I don't recall.