North Sails

Sail trim, rig tuning, and related topics.

Moderator: forumadmin

Post by Guest »

I bought a new North inventory for hull 273. My jib is breaking down left and right have any other owners with North had this problem, they are saying it is a UV breakdown and its the classes fault for the breakdown b/c of the rollerfurller. I have a tough time believing this so I 'm looking for some input from other North owners. I also noticed thatuk and quantum seem to have a more reinforced leech? The mylar has started to break down as well.

[Posted by: Ted Marvell
]

Post by Guest »

If you furl any mylar sail without a uv strip or other cover, and leave it in the sun, the leech won't last a month. I had that problem with my first J80 jib. We use a jib sock when we leave our racing sail on the furler.

[Posted by: Mike Brown
]

Post by Guest »

I have to say the boys a t north are really taking care of me I just want to see about other owners exp. I take down the jib everyday. Initially I believe it was the sock that created part of the break down

[Posted by: ted
]

Post by Guest »

There is a saying that North 3DL stands for 3 days later. I love our Norths, but we get through them, especially if you are racing hard. I have heard this years are supposed to last a lot longer. I think they are well worth every penny especially if you enjoy winning

[Posted by: Jonathan Tithecott Hull 1
]