Any new class rules on the way???

Topics about the governance, rules, activities of the Class Association.

Moderator: forumadmin

chris_z

Post by chris_z »

Well greetings all! Long time, no see...

Now that I am down to just 10 alimony payments to go I am going to be able to get out of my little Mass Bay PHRF sailing world and start doing some J/109 One-Design sailing again. So, thinking about events in 2010 (and replacing some five-yea- old sails) I am wondering if there are any rule changes for the near future.

I saw some info about the NAs this year in Newport where people were actually allowed to change sails during a race before they were destroyed (as happened to us last time we did BBR). How did that work out? Any chance the class rules might get changed to allow this for ALL J/109 events?

If we are going to carry two jibs and two spins, it would seem to make sense to be able to change the sails if the wind conditions change, and not wait for one to be damaged or destroyed before making the swap.

I figure the rules are going to have to get re-written a bit anyway as they were last updated in April 2006 and things have changed (like there are no longer Group 2 competitors) in the real world that will require a little re-writing.

So class bigwigs, what up???

Hope to see you all on the water soon...

Z

PS Oh, and if there are new rules on the way can we PLEASE allow people to take out the table down below if they add 50 pounds of corrector weight. Thanks in advance!