– Ballot to elect J/109 Class Officers through 2022 –
Hello %firstname% %lastname%,
This email was sent to all J/109 Class voting members. It contains an electronic ballot to vote for J/109 Class Officers to serve through 2022. Please do not forward this email to others as it contains a link with your personal ballot.
>> Read below then click this link to cast your vote <<<
This proposed slate of officers forwarded by the nominations committee is provided so you may submit your vote online. Results will be announced at the 2020 annual meeting on October 29th.
- President – John Greifzu, Jr., Growth Spurt #261 (Currently serves as President)
- Vice President – Peter Priede, Full Tilt #259 (Currently serves as Vice President)
- Secretary – Cory Eaves, Freedom #255 (Currently serves as Secretary)
- Treasurer – Bill Kneller, Vento Solare #266 (Currently serves as New England Fleet Captain)
Additionally, the following positions appointed by the Executive Board are presented – these are not subject to vote and are provided for information only:
- Class Measurer & Technical Committee Lead – Bengt Johansson, Zig Zag, #37 (Currently serves as Class Measurer)
- Assistant Class Measurer & Technical Committee – Ted Herlihy, Gut Feeling, #72 (Currently serves as Assistant Class Measurer)
- Technical Committee (Appointed by the President) – Fred Beckham, Augenblick #243 (Currently serves on Technical Committee)
- Technical Committee (Copyright Holder’s representative) – JR Rechtschaffer, Emoticon #200 – (Currently serves on Technical Committee)
- At-Large Member – James Murray, Callisto #368 – (Currently serves as At Large Member)
- Copyright Holder – Jeff Johnstone, J/Boats
The nominations are presented as a ballot to current Voting Members.
To register your vote with the J/109 Class Secretary, simply submit your vote online, indicating whether you vote “Yes” or “No” for this slate of Officers. There is a blank space provided where you may write in candidates for any position. If you vote “Yes” and write in another candidates name and position, the names written in the blank will take precedence. This election will close at 4pm East Coast time on Wednesday, October 28, 2020 and will be announced at the annual meeting on October 29th.
Voting Members include J/109 owners who are current class members (i.e., those who have paid class dues in 2020). Please note that in the case of co-ownership, only one vote is allowed per boat. If this applies to you, please consult with your co-owner and submit only one vote – Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
Annual Meeting Announcement: The 2020 J/109 Class Annual Meeting will be held via conference call only on Tuesday 29 October at 7:00pm East Coast time. The agenda is posted on the Class Website at this link with information to dial in for the meeting.
This message was sent from the J/109 Class Association email system. We periodically send out messages about the J/109 Class including one design events, class rules, cruising, member updates, maintenance information, and technical advisories from equipment manufacturers concerning the J/109. If you would like to update your email preferences, please send a message to the J/109 Class Administrator.