We travel to sail j/109 one design races around the Long Island Sound, Block Island Sound, and Newport, RI waters and PHRF racing including Wednesday night series out of Huntington, NY (departs Wednesday 6:10pm) plus some weekend regattas for good causes or just fun.
We have mixed crew of
* men and women
* people born to the sport, and people who joined as adults
* only race with us, race on multiple-boats, or own multi-boats
* people who don't use recreational drugs & people who won't use recreational drugs
* find fun in being on a team, or create fun being on a team
* sail safe, sail safe and sail without a care
4 crew positions (choose all, one-design events only; phrf wednesday only; phrf weekend regatta's only)
* Tacticians - which is also the Main sheet trimmer on a J/109.
* Strong team player, any position, with troubleshooting skills - able to size-up issues of boat speed, process and equipment failures on the front half of the boat.
* Strong team player, knows a couple of positions, muscular - when seconds count and brute force is needed.
* New team player - because the sport needs fresh blood to thrive.