Polars

Sail trim, rig tuning, and related topics.

Moderator: forumadmin

Post by Guest »

Does any one have polar diagram or data for J 109

[Posted by: Tony Statham
]

Post by Guest »

Have been trying to get one on and off for months from J Boats.

[Posted by: rich nicholls
]

Post by Guest »

I got mine (in the form of raw data) direct from Johnstone. Will email.

[Posted by: Barry
]
bslick

Post by bslick »

Barry
Any chance you would send me a copy of the Polars?

Post by Guest »

We've been using the polars from the J109 brochure. I enlarged it and laminated it and it lives in the one of the pockets (I have been known to consult it to see how we're doing while cruising, but my husband does make fun of me for that). Barry, is the data that you got from Johnstone better/more detailed than that?

[Posted by: Leah Beckman
]

Post by Guest »

Targets for PHRF and OD sails are also posted on the Quantum site.

[Posted by: Dan Grossman
]
chris_z

Post by chris_z »

Bslick,

I have all of the VPP raw data, would be happy to e-mail, have also sent e-mail to you on Sailing Anarchy forum. What boat do you sail? The data for the jib seems right on, for the Genoa seems a little low.
bslick

Post by bslick »

Christopher I just sent you my email address looking forward to receiving the info. Who's sails are you using?
chris_z

Post by chris_z »

I use Doyle sails all around, D4s mostly, except for a very heavy duty carbon jib. They are about 30 minutes from my house/boat and have given me great support. How about you?
bslick

Post by bslick »

We use North 3DL, don't tell the Anarchist. We are very happy with the sails. The service was great last year, we haven't heard much from our guy this year. I am sure he will be calling over the winter.
We used Doyle on our 105.

Post by Guest »

I would also be interested in getting a copy of the raw data for the polars. Please email me (or upload to forum?). Thanks.

[Posted by: Mark Emerson
]
chris_z

Post by chris_z »

Mark,

This link has the VPP info. It applies to the hull, regardless of what type of sails you use:

http://www.quantumsails.com/products/on ... sp?CID=120

I will also e-mail you the raw data. Perhaps we can get Kendra or someone else at Jboats to post the VPP data under the tuning guides section, so all can have access...

Polars

Post by Guest »

Chris, thanks for the link. Barry also emailed me the raw VPP data, which I am attempting to upload here.

[Posted by: Mark Emerson]
Attachments
J109_2004_150_VPP_Run-195.doc
(63.5 KiB) Downloaded 954 times