Compete for the greatest sailing prize for Long Island Sound in 2019

Topics related to the events and scheduling of regattas and social activities.

Moderator: forumadmin

Dan Corcoran

Compete for the greatest sailing prize for Long Island Sound in 2019

Post by Dan Corcoran »

Yes, that would be Lloyd Harbor's "Race for the Case" Regatta May 18th & 19th of 2019. The prize, is a premium case of rum.

The prestigious Lloyd Harbor Yacht Club is frequently berated for its naked attempts at luring sailors from 100's of miles with the prize, timing, and design of this regatta. Why not join us this year.

On the calendar between AYC Fall Series and Cedar Point Yacht Club One Design, we will arrange discounted moorings to stay in the very protected Huntington Harbor if you like. With enough 109's we can have our own division, if not, we will be racing PHRF among several fine J-boats led by experienced crews that will give us a run for the rum, and an opportunity to do a bit of 109 vs 109 boat tuning.

Format is 2 races each on Saturday & Sunday starting at 1100 hours on Long Island Sound just outside Huntington Bay.

Saturday 1100hrs, followed by a post-race gathering at yacht club. If we have five (5) 109's, I will move the gathering to my house
Sunday 1100 hrs, no after race activity

"Spinnaker classes should expect primarily windward-leeward courses, while
non-spinnaker divisions may see more navigator style races.

If you need to store your boat between J/109 events, contact me and I will see if we can get you a big discount on a mooring or slip. The Long Island Railroad runs from Huntington to New York City and JFK Airport, there is ferry service to/from New London Connecticut to Port Jefferson, NY (1 hour drive from Huntington), both Lyft and Uber are popular on Long Island as well.

Prior year NOR:
http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/ ... se2018.pdf

Prior year Sailing Instructions:
http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/ ... se2018.pdf

Dan Corcoran
Strider.