J/109 ACWS Viewing Opportunities in NYC 7-8 May 2016

Topics related to the events and scheduling of regattas and social activities.

Moderator: forumadmin

Vento Solare

J/109 ACWS Viewing Opportunities in NYC 7-8 May 2016

Post by Vento Solare »

J/109 Owners,

I have been contacted by Sail Newport who is looking to have J/109s as stake boats for the Americas Cup World Series being held in New York Harbor on 7-8 May. They are looking to fill 12 open positions.

If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact Vinnie Pattivina at Sail Newport via email vinnie.pattavina@americascup.com
Last edited by Vento Solare on Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vento Solare

Re: J/109 ACWS Viewing Opportunities in NYC 7-8 May 2016

Post by Vento Solare »

Good Morning all!

Bill, thanks so much for that outreach to your class. You're too quick for me, I meant to mention to reply to this email address - vinnie.pattavina@americascup.com (if you wouldn't mind forwarding it to the original group).

Thanks to the rest of you for showing interest in this. The work side of things is pretty simple. Stake boats are meant to act as visible markers of the safety zone and spectator zone if NY Harbor. I'm re-working the document that charts out the race area currently. Basically, stake boats fly a big flag and mark the areas surrounding the racing area, VIP zones, and outer markers (to keep spectators out of shipping lanes). Marshall boats (powerboats) patrol the areas between the stake boats and maintain specific communication with them, as well as with local law enforcement as needed. I'll circulate the charted document this weekend once it's finished. Stake boats have the responsibility of general communication with the spectator fleet and with Marshall Boats.

I have forwarded your email addresses to Marc Jensen who will is coordinating recruitment, but feel free to contact me any time with any specific questions or concerns you might have. Thanks again to all of you!

Best,
Vinnie Pattavina
vinnie.pattavina@americascup.com