Spring commissioning checklist questions

Maintaining, repairing, upgrading, commissioning, decommissioning topics.

Moderator: forumadmin

Dan Corcoran

Spring commissioning checklist questions

Post by Dan Corcoran »

From the owners manual Commissioning Checklist and other sources.

What is meant by "Mast Wedges / Spartite lubed" ?

How to "Check Oil Pressure, Water Temp" ? How do to this, on my boat there are idiot lights, no specific water temp or oil pressure guage

What is the purpose of putting "a bead of clear silicon around mast collar at mast junction and collar junction"?

What is a good source for the nozzle head for our sinks? Mine is marked "OMNI" and not much more

Thanks
Dan
Vento Solare

Re: Spring commissioning checklist questions

Post by Vento Solare »

What is meant by "Mast Wedges / Spartite lubed" ?
** only applicable if you pull the rig. Use vaseline on the spartite to stop it from sticking to the mast or the deck opening

How to "Check Oil Pressure, Water Temp" ? How do to this, on my boat there are idiot lights, no specific water temp or oil pressure guage
** I'm not sure anybody does anything on this, unless there is a problem.

What is the purpose of putting "a bead of clear silicon around mast collar at mast junction and collar junction"?
** It keeps water from dripping into the cabin through the deck/mast joint

What is a good source for the nozzle head for our sinks? Mine is marked "OMNI" and not much more
** unscrew and take to a plumbing supply house to see if they have anything to match it. Otherwise, get a new assy from options available at a marine chandlery - Defender has stuff that will work.