Lee cloths (or boards)

Maintaining, repairing, upgrading, commissioning, decommissioning topics.

Moderator: forumadmin

J109_258

Lee cloths (or boards)

Post by J109_258 »

Has anyone installed lee cloths (or boards) for long distance racing on their 109? We will be doing several overnight races and last year's experience told us that we better install lee cloths if we want to get some sleep in the main cabin.
Vento Solare

Re: Lee cloths (or boards)

Post by Vento Solare »

Lee cloths were installed on Vento Solare by the previous owner who did the Annapolis to Newport race with them. They are screwed to the boards under the setee cushions along the inboard edge and store folded down below the cushions. On the stbd side they are are tied up to the grab rail in the overhead. On the port side there are small stainless padeyes screwed on the forward bulkhead and on the forward facing surface of the galley to tie the lee cloths to. I have used them doing some distance races and they work fine.

You can see the port side lee cloth flat on the setee and the small stainless padeye on the bulkhead in the photo below.
Attachments
20131124_110743.jpg
20131124_110743.jpg (1.2 MiB) Viewed 7450 times
JohnGreifzu

Post by JohnGreifzu »

I'm installing lee cloths similar to those on Vento. Are the padeyes on port screwed or through-bolted?
Vento Solare

Post by Vento Solare »

The padeyes on Vento Solare are through bolted - use Acorn nuts on the far side for a better finished look.
JohnGreifzu

Post by JohnGreifzu »

Thanks. That was my plan on the nuts.