Off Soundings - 2007

Topics related to the events and scheduling of regattas and social activities.

Moderator: forumadmin

Off Soundings - 2007

Post by Guest »

Off Soundings is a club that races in the eastern Connecticut, Long Island, Rhode Island area. They have 2 races a year, spring and fall, each featuring 2 days of PHRF racing. The J/109 fleet is growing and it might be possible for them to even have their own class this year. Is there any interest from this forum in joining?

[Posted by: gerrykeeler@gmail.com]

Post by Guest »

If there was a One Design start and if the timing is right, which would mean if the regatta was near a weekend that another regtta was being held, I think several people would be interested.

The East Coast Championships are the first weekend of June, so I would suggest doing it one of the last tw weekends of MAY. I suggest you look at the rest of the schedule that Rick Lyle sent out.

[Posted by: Stephen
]

Off Soundings - 2007

Post by Guest »

Hi Stephen,
The race is June 8 and 9. Day 1 is Watch Hill to Block Island. Day 2 is around Block Island (can't beat the south side of the island - beautiful!). These dates fall in between the East Coast Championships and BI Race Week. Rick and I did do email on this subject. I asked him if he thought it would be OK to promote this event to Fleet 10. He thought that would be OK. I will give a heads up to the race committee to get their thoughts.

[Posted by: gerrykeeler@gmail.com]