Potential sources that I found and fixed. The hole where the steaming light cable goes through the mast was a source. Water wicked down into the mast junction box. A dab of caulk on the hole fixed it. Other potential sources:
- Rectangular access cover to steering gear behind wheel - gasket was shot. Used Lifeseal caulk in the groove and will cut with razor blade if I need to remove it.
- Engine control lever - water will get in through the rotating assy. Duct tape it if you get water by that part of the boat with cover on.
- Pushpit attachment to deck - found I needed to rebed the stbd pushpit and that stopped a lot of water. Looking underneath it was obvious that water had been entering there.
I had a similar problem the first year with mast up. Most, if not all of the water was coming from the mast. A few things helped greatly: ensuring a tight fit of the mast boot and adding silicone (or Lifeseal), especially within the main track just above the vang fitting (water tends to literally flow down this track). I also wrap the mast with a large towel just above the vang bracket to catch additional water. Lastly, I cover the halyard exit/entrance plates with painter's tape.
Boot: http://www.rigrite.com/Spars/Sparcraft_ ... 5_mast.php
Edit: The mast manual shows the "Dam" and refers to it as "internal water proofing". https://j109.org/docs/charleston_spar_j ... manual.pdf
2. Anchor locker - also a mystery leak - I found a small hole in our anchor locker that communicated to the center line bilge . Found it while washing out anchor locker. I would test this area as well when you do the hose test as Bill suggest.