Sold: J109 "Lively" Hull #265 2006 US$160,000 obo

J/109 Sailboats Only!

Moderator: forumadmin

Murbob

Sold: J109 "Lively" Hull #265 2006 US$160,000 obo

Post by Murbob »

Boat has been sold, thanks for your interest.

We are the original owners of the boat, and have sailed it exclusively in fresh water in Lake Ontario. It is comprehensively equipped and has been maintained to the highest standard. It has an impressive winning record in both crewed and particularly double-handed events, sailed by my wife and myself, with flags and trophies too numerous to outline. We love this boat but are getting old!

Lively is white with a blue cove stripe and off-white non-skid deck. Original equipment includes:
Marina Group (shore power, battery charger, AC panel and AC outlets)
Systems Group (hot water, extra 35-gallon tank, cockpit shower, refrigeration, 3rd battery)
Comfort Group (cockpit cushions and lifeline pads).

Additional equipment includes: removable aft locker, Nubuck interior in white, removable hardwood cockpit table, removable chrome bow roller, louvered cabinets, full cherry wood interior with cupboards both port and starboard in the salon including bookshelves, and wooden V-berth. The bimini is unused. Low hour Yanmar 3YM30 runs smoothly, with saildrive (new seal 2020), folding propeller, standard 7 ft. keel, shore power system 30 amp 120V with galvanic isolator. Two brand-new house batteries and one 3 yr. old starting battery. Electronics include Raymarine ST60 instrument system with five displays on the sea hood. Raymarine 435i Chartplotter mounted on the binnacle with internal antenna, Raymarine ST 6001 autopilot with linear drive autopilot system, Standark Horizon VHF radio with DCS mounted on the panel with handheld on the binnacle. Sony stereo with 2 interior and 2 exterior speakers. Running rigging has been updated. Original traveller has been replaced with a windward sheeting car to ease shorthanded sailing. Original Harken VII jib furler, adjustable backstay, Harken self-tailing winches.

Sail inventory:
North Sails 3di main 2019 (lightly used due to pandemic restrictions on racing)
North Sails 3di 155% genoa (virtually new)
UK Sails 135% #2, and 105% #3 in good condition
Storm jib (originally required as safety equipment in Category 3 Offshore events such as LO300/LO600, but never used)
Four spinnakers including UK Sails downwind spinnaker, North Sails reaching spinnaker, UK sails reaching spinnaker, UK Sails 92% "chicken chute"
Spinnaker sock for single-handed sailing (used one season)
Full set of Quantum cruising sails (main, #1, #3) used one season, as well as one older practice spinnaker, a back-up main, and a back-up 155% genoa.

Lots of extra equipment including Fortress anchor with rode, fitted jack lines, etc. Boat comes with winter cover custom-fitted by Island Canvas and 6-post folding steel cradle in great condition. Sail covers for main and foresail, custom cover for wheel and binnacle. Bottom is hard smooth VC 17, and is durable and fast.

Located in Toronto

Please contact Murray Gainer, at mur35@hotmail.com or text me at (416) 540 3064.
Last edited by Murbob on Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Corcoran

Re: For Sale J109 "Lively" Hull #265 2006 US$160,000 obo

Post by Dan Corcoran »

If there is anyone in the Long Island Sound area thinking of buying Lively or any other 109, know that I would be happy to have them aboard our 109 for a test sail.

If anyone would consider keeping her in Huntington, NY (Long Island), my crew would love to assist in anyway we can to work her up to be competitive with us.

Dan
#332 Strider