Cabin table removal

Topics about Class Rules and the RRS.

Moderators: forumadmin, Vento Solare

Post by Guest »

I've removed the cabin table and find the cabin much roomier and more usable. Why not allow the removal for class racing? It's a pain to take it off for PHRF and on for class. Would like to see this rule change combined with the removal of the foward cabin door for class races.

[Posted by: george marks
]

Post by Guest »

Agree 100% While they might look pretty, the table and forward door are always in our way. Loose them for racing.

[Posted by: Barry
]

Post by Guest »

It's already ok to remove the forward cabin door, as long as you leave it on the boat when racing. I don't see any good reason for leaving it on the boat. I see your point on the table, but that's a basic cruising feature that's not as easy to remove and store, so I feel it should be left in plasce since the 109 is a racer/Cruiser.

[Posted by: Mike Brown
]

Post by Guest »

I'm for removing both cabin doors and the table. We do a lot of racing and have had to rebuild the table after one particular rough off shore race.

[Posted by: Ric
]
adson3492

Re: Cabin table removal

Post by adson3492 »

So can anyone shed some light on what this proposed rule change is all about? Other than the rules itself and the blurb on the front page I have not heard a thing. Not that it matters that much to me as I won't be sailing on Lake Michigan this summer, but my guess is that they use bigger kites out on the Great Lakes and want to use those instead of the tiny class chutes for the NAs. Is that about right?
fxalbert

Re: Cabin table removal

Post by fxalbert »

I've removed the table from my J 109 nearly as soon as I bought it. I find it opens up the interior of the boat much, much better. Since I have to put it back on the boat to race in one design regattas I tend to just not race in those regattas. 99% of all my racing is PHRF and PHRF doesn't care about the table. I think for those folks who like the table on the boat they should leave it on the boat but I think for racing we should all be allowed the option of removing it. Like I said this isn't a big deal to me since the majority of my racing is PHRF and those few races where I would have to bring it back on I just no longer race in.