J/109 Class Activity

Topics about the governance, rules, activities of the Class Association.

Moderator: forumadmin

Vento Solare

Post by Vento Solare »

I currently own a J/30 and am considering a J/109. I've been browsing the J/109 class website and this forum. I know that the J/30 has been around since 1979 with about 550 hulls built through 1986, so has a longer time frame to build up the user base and information exchange.

I am surprised at the low level of activity on this forum compared to what the J/30 forum has. Is there another place I should be looking to learn more about the boat and the class?

Bill Kneller, J/30 Class Co-president
http://j30rhapsody.com/ - Rhapsody J/30 #348
Vento Solare

Re: J/109 Class Activity

Post by Vento Solare »

I am now the proud owner of Vento Solare, Hull #266 previously owned by Paul Milo. I'll be racing my J/30 Rhapsody over the next year while I cruise the J/109 and get used to the boat. I may do a few races in the Newport area on the J/109.
cercole

Re: J/109 Class Activity

Post by cercole »

Hi Bill,
Welcome aboard. Yes this message board is under used compared to some of the others I'm used to. I used to own a Sabre 30 and the Sabre message board (Yahoo group) has 25 plus messages per day. Anyway I purchased sweet caroline hull # 239 last year. We have cruised her a good bit and did a couple of races too. The 109 is an awesome boat by all accounts great for cruising and racing and fun to day sail. I saw the other posts you put up regarding the hour meter and the engine documents. Thanks for posting those they will come in handy. Having owned old sailboats for a long time I expect we could be some of the more hands on members here.

I have met some of the owners in the Western Long Island Sound area and they are all very nice and eager to help with getting the boat up to speed in the class.

Best of luck,
Christopher