There will be a J/109 Starting Clinic held Tuesday, July 12, 2016 – the day before the North American Championship starts in Newport.
Harbor Start: 1pm
Sailing: 1:30 – 3:30pm
Debrief: 4:30pm – 6:00pm at NYYC
– Clinic Plan & Info to be distributed via email.
1:30-3:30 On the Water
– 3 Rolling 5 minute starts.
– Start 1: Hold lane, race to ladder rung (~1 min)
– Start 2: Hold lane, race to ladder rung (~1 min)
– Start 3: ~ 10 minute Windward Leeward Race
Finish with leeward gate rounding
– REPEAT this “3 Rolling Starts” 4 times for a total of 12 starts.
– On-the-Water Coaches will provide live feedback over VHF between races
– We will also be shooting video for later review
4:30-6:00 (Optional) Debrief and Video Review at NYYC
– New York Yacht Club Sailing Office, Station 10 room
– Review Video
– Q & A
The clinic will be conducted by North U Director Bill Gladstone and other North U Regatta Services Coaches.
Fee: $150/ Boat
Registration: Sign Up at www.NorthU.com or by calling Fran or Bill at North U: 203 245-0727